God wants us to be wary because what is more important than being prepared for stopping deceit and those who deceive? Have you considered this week what can result from deceit? Here is a short list.
Improperly filled roles in the church
Improperly filled roles in the family
Misuse of God’s daily blessings to us
Unused gifts of the Spirit
Lack of discernment
Lack of accountability
The list can be as long as you want and if you are teaching or contributing this week you won’t have any trouble finding issues to deal with if you are concentrating on this idea of deceit.
Sometimes what we bring into church is meant innocently enough. It might not resemble anything like what we read about in today’s scripture but it accomplishes the same result when it deceives.
Deceit is like any sin to God. Just as there is no small sin there is no small deceit. Sin destroys.
- What is your responsibility to stop deceit where you worship?
- Examine your own roll.
- What can be done to take a step back and look thoroughly at what you and your church has done, is doing and will do?
- Read the scriptures that show how deceit is a sign of the end.
- How does it make you feel that the master deceiver loves deceit in the church?
- Discuss antichrist as individuals not just one individual.